citroen dispatch blower unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bubber

citroen dispatch blower unit

Post by bubber »

Hi all,
The blower unit on full is like someone blowing down a drinking straw,useless.
The fan unit works fine and I have checked all pipes for disconnection or blockages and all ok.
I did note that the fan is constantly on slow when the ignition is turned on, is that right?
I am thinking of having the AC re gased but seems pointless as the amount of air coming out the vents is non existent.
Any ideas much appreciated.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Sounds suspiciously like you've got a pollen filter that hasn't be changed or is the bed for a small animal. Do these vehicles have pollen filters?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

MikeT wrote:Sounds suspiciously like you've got a pollen filter that hasn't be changed or is the bed for a small animal. Do these vehicles have pollen filters?
Don't all AC equipped cars have pollen filters?

Would be advisable to pull it and see if there is any improvement without it and what the condition is like. Don't run the AC for long without it though or the matrix could get fouled with dust.

Could it be the air direction flaps stuck?
bubber

Post by bubber »

Thanks you guys,
I have no idea if they have a pollen filter. I've looked on the web and can't find any mention of one.
The fresh air intake goes directly into the blower unit and is clear but it does appear a blockage seems the obvious reason.
Do you know where a pollen filter maybe fitted? I assume it will be after the blower unit but before the heater/AC matrix.

Much appreciated
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Bubber

Not really sure if this will help or complicate things but here goes :) :)

If you have a look at This Link although its about the Xantia it does have a few pics and exploded diagrams of the blower unit and pollen filter.
Logically the pollen filter can only be situated in one of two places.
1.Directly before the air intake for the blower motor (not the same i know but thats where they are fitted on some Scania and DAF trucks)
2.Between the blower and the A/C Evaporator.
On the Xantia its fitted in the ducting between the blower and the evaporator as in the exploded diagrams in the link.If you know where the blower is locatted and can gain access to the ducting there should be an access panel either with screws or just a slide off version to be able to remove/replace the filter

Hope this helps

Colin
bubber

Post by bubber »

Colin,
Many thanks for your reply.
Citroen list a filter for my car but I am still unable to locate it on the car. I have also been told that my model does not have the filter, which I find hard to believe. I have seen a diagram which shows the filter either in the footwell or under the grille by the wipers, however neither of these are there nor is it in the place shown in the diagram from your link.
Why can't life be straightforward, I wouldn't get bored....honest.

All the best
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

As Myglaren and you remark, it's odd not to have a pollen filter with A/C so maybe worth getting a second opinion or having a more intense search of your car.
On the Xantia, it's enclosed in the blower unit at the passenger footwell. You need to release a long strip off the base of the blower unit by undoing a few screws and sliding it (forward or backward) to de-locate the lugs then you can withdraw it. The filter can then be pulled out of it's housing. I wouldn't know where the other type is mounted I'm afraid.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Drawing from Dispatch I & II with air conditioning, showing item 8 as ‘weatherstrip’.
Could that mean that the filter is in the engine room ?

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
bubber

Post by bubber »

That's very interesting but maybe it is just a seal from the blower to the bulkhead. To check it would involve taking off the blower unit which involves taking off half the dash just to get the glove box off.
The air inlet itself is just under the windscreen a 2" square hole and with no grille or mesh so basically any old rubbish could fly down there, which seems a bit odd.
Some one has said that they think it could be the cable to open and close the air flap. The mystery goes on.

Many thanks for your time and help