remapping

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

topper2
My Cars:

remapping

Post by topper2 »

hi guys
anybody had experience of remapping an hdi to improve bhp/torque etc. either having it done, or actually dong it ?. or any info on the subject
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

I notice you are in Leeds, I recommend you go and speak to these guys:

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/

Most places just plug in a laptop and bang on an off the shelf calibration file (nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't require any skill). RSTuning is one of the few places in the country that have the skills to write their own custom maps, and will be able to offer you good advice.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

I got a tuning box off ebay a couple of years ago for my xsara HDI 110. Made by these guys - http://www.alpin-tuningshop.de I got lucky as someone was doing a clearance so I paid £80 which at the time was a lot less than list price.

I would say it was well worth the money. No change in fuel consumption but the extra power available is very noticeable. Before the car was quick at all revs. Now it gets to about 3000 rpm slightly quicker than before but then takes off like it's found an extra cylinder or two.

There seems to be many of these tuning boxes on ebay now as cheap as I got mine but I would be worried now about cheap imports so as Evilally said above I would advise you check out places local who will either remap the ecu, or supply a plug in module with a guarantee.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi Topper,

I've had a remap done for my C5 HDi 110. I decided that I'd like to be able to swap back to the original map if needed so I bought the lead to enable me to do this. This allowed me to download the original map off the car and email it off to be modified. I uploaded the modified map back to the car using the same process. In total it cost me about £150. The remap transformed the C5 and it's doesn't smoke any more than it did.

If you're interested in the process check out this site -

http://www.chiptuners.org/

You will have to register but there's loads of good info and a hall of shame - well worth reading! Be wary of cheap remaps or wild claims and don't even consider an Ebay disc full of maps for a good price. If the tuner offers a remap without needing the original off your car be wary of this too, it could mean that it's a ECU map that's had it's immobilizer function turned off so that it will work on any ECU of that type.

If you need further details PM me.

Hope that helps.

Steve.
not applicable