Xantia estate auto, what engine options?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

As Jim says I have a 1.8 16v auto, its slow off the line, but fine once the revs rise above 2k. Will cruse at 90~100 without to much effort, only tested on the Autobahn of course.
Good gear ratios for around town, easier to drive in town than the V6.

Not entirely convinced the 'box is in good condition on this one though, having dark gray oil, and fairly noticeable gear changes, despite numerous recent oil changes.
My only advice would be don't even think of getting one that has done over 90k without any box oil changes, not a mistake I will repeat.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
KariM1
My Cars:

Post by KariM1 »

Hi all,

My previous Cit was ym 2000 Xantia berline 1.8i 16v with AL4. It had just above 200 000km on clock. The transmission was certainly not the smoothest on changes, but otherwise it behaved very well, had no problems with it at all. Performancewise, in city it was sluggish (long ratio on second gear), but upon overtaking at highways, when rpm's got over 4krpm, the acceleration was surprisingly good. Just had to ensure that it changed to second by clicking it on 'S' before kickdown.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I'm not totally sure whether 'S' on the adaptive auto on my V6 Xantia stands
for Silly or Stupendous! Always know there'll be fireworks when it's depressed
anyway. Shame these have the longevity of a hot spell in an English Summer. :x

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:I'm not totally sure whether 'S' on the adaptive auto on my V6 Xantia stands
for Silly or Stupendous! Always know there'll be fireworks when it's depressed
The first time I pressed it I thought it stood for "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! WTF?"

Now I know it just stands for "Smile" :lol:
andmcit wrote:Shame these have the longevity of a hot spell in an English Summer. :x
No, not strictly true Andrew. Mine lasted 159K before expiring and they can be repaired you know :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...