V6 Exclusive points of view

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:Mike,
Listen foe whines from the gearbox when cold/just started up. If it whines, make an excuse and run away unless you fancy following what I did in my blog :lol:
So if it's a quite gearbox then it's your friend, but if it has more w(h)ine than a petit vineyard, then it will be your foe, so leg it! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

This may help fill in a few gaps;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0315469872

Remember, this is the V6 that had a potentially iffy heater matrix!! :shock:
The current seller reckons it owes him £750 and will take an offer near this.

I must admit, I missed the late reg early series in the first auction.
The car must've sat for 2 years in the corner of a Citroen garage
before being registered in '99!!

Andrew

(yes, I am STILL alive but wonder sometimes how I manage to be...) :roll:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Mike,
Listen foe whines from the gearbox when cold/just started up. If it whines, make an excuse and run away unless you fancy following what I did in my blog :lol:
So if it's a quite gearbox then it's your friend, but if it has more w(h)ine than a petit vineyard, then it will be your foe, so leg it! :wink:
Absolutely :lol: That is, unless you enjoy rebuilding 4HP20 gearboxes (I do actually) or wish to pay me significant sum of money to rebuild it for you...

Andrew! Great to see you again :D And thanks for filling in the details on the red one. I looked at that one during the dark days of my rebuild and decided it had as many issues as mine so I'd may as well finish what I'd started. Unless all the issues he mentioned have now been verifiably rectified, £750 is nearing top money...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...