Removing battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Removing battery

Post by citroenesque »

Hi I'm due to pick up a Synergie TD next weekend and I wanted to know, if I find the battery's not brilliant could I disconnect it and swap with the new 530 amp calcium jobby I have on my Ulysse 2.0? The reason I ask is, both cars have immobilisers although the one on the Fiat is disconnected and I believe so is the one on the Cit. Anything I should watch out for? (Sounds daft when it's written down - sorry!)
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It should not be a problem Phil. Luckily all car electrical systems are designed to have batteries disconnected and replaed, even French ones!!

About all that will happen is the alarm will set itself and wake up the neighbours when you open the door....

Reset the alarm and all will be fine...

Good to see you're going back to double chevrons after a spell with a French car pretending to be Italian :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...