Rubbish online parts shop - useless beware

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nuneatonrob
My Cars:

Rubbish online parts shop - useless beware

Post by Nuneatonrob »

Hi all,

I have just had to replace the gearbox and both drive shafts in a friends car due to the gearbox failing, and the drive shaft gaitors on both shafts being lose and internals worn. At first I thought this was just down to a drive shaft at fault, and so ordered a 2nd hand one through company via 1st choice spares.co.uk

Anyway, pugcit.co.uk answered the ad. I placed the ad last monday and the part finally arrived This Tuesday. Over a week later, and after chasing them, filing a complaint with 1st choice and calling to check they were sending me a ABS compatible drive shaft, which they said they were, (and it even said it on the paperwork sent with the part) they sent the wrong shaft. None ABS.

The only reason I used a online parts place was just down to convenience and time saving. Fat lot of good that did.

Basicaly be very very cautious of using pugcit.co.uk based in burnley, Lancs, as they were appauling to deal with and incompitent at every turn.

As it happens, for a £1 more i could have got a complete new unit from euro car parts!!!! arrrrggghhh....pays to look 1st i guess. Suffice to say, leason learnt.

All the best Rob
'99 Xsara HDI SX 90