Xantia drivers window problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

njr
My Cars:

Xantia drivers window problem

Post by njr »

Hi everyone

My wife left the drivers electric window down on the car the other night and when I tried to close it it stayed down and just made a noise. I taped it up and left it until today.

I stripped the door down (not sure I will be using the plastic door cover again but heyho) and found the plastic clip on the window slide has broken. After taking out the regulator the wires are messed up on the drum. The window is wedged now awaiting the solution

What Id like to know is can I buy just the plastic clip and re wire the drum or do I have to buy a new regulator. Does a new regulator come with a new plastic clip.

The other thing, how do you get the plastic clip off the window. Haynes said rotate it through 45°, then slide off the glass. But its still on there and Ive lost a bit of skin :lol:

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

Neil
03 Renault Master Dci 70k miles
02 406 HDi 110 65k miles
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Neil
First the bad news you will need to get a complete unit :( :(

The good news is that it will come with the clip attatched :D :D

Haynes is right on this particular issue :shock: :shock:
The clip will rotate 45 gegrees and pull off from the remains of the clip you may need to give it a good pull :lol: :lol:

Haynes could also be wrong on this issue :roll: :roll:
If you have this type of setup on the plastic clip

The rubber sits in the hole in the glass and the "R" clip is pushed over it and that needs a real good pull to get it removed :) :)

Just make sure the replacement mechanism comes complete with right retainer :) :)

HTH

Colin
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

There are replacement cables available on ebay - how effective they are I don't know - came across them before when browsing xantia parts, otherwise its the complete regulator !
Window Regulator Repair Kit
Its a while since I had a window out but I remember the clip being a bit fiddly to get off - the funny thing is when it comes off you'll say why did it take me so long !

Brian

97 Xantia TD
njr
My Cars:

Post by njr »

Thanks for the replies

I will try to get the clip off at the weekend.

I have had a search on the internet and nobody seems to have regulator for the MK2 Xantia. Missed one on Ebay by a day.

Any ideas for where to buy a new one at a reasonable price.
03 Renault Master Dci 70k miles
02 406 HDi 110 65k miles
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

There is a XM club member that makes these cable kits, I believe he does Xantia ones as well, have a look on ebay under 'Cirtoen XM' Or, you could get a complete second hand one from a breaker, or maybe buy a scrap door.