Fault codes and what to do

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bordercars

Fault codes and what to do

Post by bordercars »

I have a 54 xsara picasso 1.6 16v td

getting the orange engine auto diagnosis light on and the engine fault text. took it to my local garage and im steaming, charged me £35 cash sale so no bill ( self employed ) and gave me a hand written diagnosis and they tell me they are hard codes and they cannot reset needs main dealer for repair or re-program, so now its of to citroen and i suppose they will want to run the diagnostic test again. anyhow this is what they gave me.

run sun fault find scan for check light on to find codes, codes stored P1351, P0483, P0409 & P0691 all the codes are hard codes and will not clear, traced faults back to ECU internal fault, also pre heat relay shorted, EGR ckt fault ( is it ck or cht) and fan control, ECU needs dealer testing and repair or reprogram.

P1351 pre heat control relay shorted CKT to positive

P0483 cooling fan function incorporated into ECU faulty.consistency between fan speed and setting.

P0409 EGR flow sensor A CKT anti pollution fault

P0691 fan 1 control CKT low

I have read some threads and the 1351 code suggests glow plugs, any ideas and how would you proceed.
by the way the motor seems to run and start fine, no smoking or loss of power
Thanks Gary
bordercars

Post by bordercars »

one other thing, the vehicle has covered 111000 and i about to have the cambelt done,
bordercars

Post by bordercars »

if i do the glow plugs and that provides a cure do i still need it to go on machine to reset.