Want to sell stereo - VIN code question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gers1978

Want to sell stereo - VIN code question

Post by gers1978 »

I intend to sell the Clarion CD player that came in my C3, and the 5 disc Blaupunkt CD changer.

I looked on eBay to see roughly how much I'd get for them, and all the Clarion's for sale that came out of Citroens seem to say they will need "VIN Coding" to the new vehicle.

Will whoever buys mine on eBay need to do this, and is it easy to do if I give them the VIN code of my car or whatever?
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

They'll need their VIN coded into the radio.

Which usually means a trip to a stealer, unless Jim or one of the other Lexia people know otherwise...
ImageImage
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

Ahh, ok. I notice one or two people selling them on eBay say they can have this done for you before they post it, so I just wondered if it was easy to do (software or whatever), whereas some other are selling them cheap and saying they're cheap because the stereo has to be VIN coded.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The VIN stored in the radio needs to match the one in the BSI or you get an anoying beep every few seconds although the radio will still work. You normally need a Lexia or Proxia to do this via the OBD plug but i don't know if the audio guys use something different. The CD changer is a bit different, It's not coded to a specific VIN but the cars BSI needs to be programed to accept it, If someone is buying it as a replacement of a broken one for example then it will plug straight in, If someone is buying it & the car never had one fitted previously then that cars BSI unit will need coded to accept it.