charcoal canister

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dales21

charcoal canister

Post by dales21 »

i have a v reg estate 1.8 petrol my charcoa canister was damaged in a crash can the be driven without it untill i can locate one brian
brian d
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Brian,

Yes, but plug the pipes to and from it as failure to do so will cause air to be sucked into the inlet tract, upsetting the mixture.

It's better to plug the pipes than disconnect the purge electrovalve as this will prevent the engine ECU from recording a fault and possibly causing the ECU to fail to "limp home" mode.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dales21

Post by dales21 »

CitroJim wrote:Hi Brian,

Yes, but plug the pipes to and from it as failure to do so will cause air to be sucked into the inlet tract, upsetting the mixture.

It's better to plug the pipes than disconnect the purge electrovalve as this will prevent the engine ECU from recording a fault and possibly causing the ECU to fail to "limp home" mode.

:D many thanks will plug pipes and leave electric connector alone as i need car to travel 14 miles tomorow to work have orderd canister £19 from dismantlers thanks for advise brian
brian d