C4 Grand Picasso 2007 or later - Double Vision at Night

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

suetrav

Post by suetrav »

Does anyone who owns a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, 2007 or later model, experience double vision/distortion of oncoming headlights and tail lights when driving at night. Particularly on dark roads with no street lights. Troublesome to the point where a wrong decsion could be made with regards to oncoming traffic!
I have no visual problems and have had expert advice that the problem does indeed exist, from a Professor of vision science. I am being told I am the only one with this problem. Would be interested to know if anyone else out there has noticed it. NB - the Grand Picasso, not ordinary pre 2007 Picasso.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

sounds like you may have type 2 diabeties developing and you may not be aware of it, maybe its time for a test? this is how I found out I had type 2. double vision at night whilst driving.

regards nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
suetrav

Post by suetrav »

Absolutely no way of diabetes or eye problems. Do you work for Citroen???
EVERY other car I drive at night from BMW to Mitsubishi do NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.
Remember I had a Professor of Vision Science confirm this distortion/problem INDEPENDENTLY! Every other person who has driven in the car with me see's it too, from 5 foot tall to 6 foot plus!! We have gone through all the "driver" issues, but that is not the problem.
Citroen have replaced the screen 3 times (including original) with no change. What does that say to you if there was not a problem????
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:sounds like you may have type 2 diabeties developing and you may not be aware of it, maybe its time for a test? this is how I found out I had type 2. double vision at night whilst driving.

regards nigel.
Blimey Nigel..!! That's a big leap of a diagnosis. :roll:

The double vision thing is discussed here. http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/road-t ... 4_Picasso/ No solutions though. :cry:

Apparently the windscreen has an 'acoustic treatment'..... might be a clue?

Andy
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))