alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

arch50
My Cars:

alarm

Post by arch50 »

hi guys got myself a 1994 xantia td with 119k on her but i have a small prob the alarm does not work so i have one (E50) but can someone tell me where the old one is on the car so i can use the wiring from that old one for the new alarm as it would make it easer
cheers arch :roll:
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi and welcome to the Fourm :D :D
Not 100% sure where the alarm is located on the Xantia but any clues as to what is wrong with it as im sure weve come across most problems and sorted them between us :)

Colin
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I am fairly confident that you will find the alarm box bolted to the floor under the passenger seat.

Is you new alarm box a Citroen item or after market?
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

One of the easiest ways to test the workings of the alarm is to disconnect the battery negative lead for a few minutes(make sure you got the radio code :) )
When you reconnect the negative lead without the key turned in the ignition the alarm should sound :D :D

You can disarm the alarm by turning the key to the on position and pressing the button to the right of the steering wheel

On early models you can disable the audible warning by turning the key in the lock which is located under the bonnet on the passenger side (uk) slightly to the left of the of the suspension sphere
If you look Here it should be slightly above the letter P :)

As a tip to avoid the alarm going off when you reconnect the battery have the key turned to positon 2 on the ignition and no loud noises :D :D

Colin
arch50
My Cars:

alarm

Post by arch50 »

hi colin thanks i will have a look tomorrow
cheers arch
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Arch

To clarify, the alarm disable key-switch is actually in the heater/ventilation inlet grill (under the bonnet) rather than inside the engine bay itself. It should be 'hidden' under a rubber weather-proof cap so it may not be immediately obvious.

If you had one, the handbook shows it clearly.

Also, you have to deliberately arm the alarm by pressing the rear button on the key-fob - unlike many 'modern' cars it isn't automatically armed as soon as you lock the car. Be warned, Xantia S1s (or at least SXs) have volumetric sensors which can easily be triggered by gusts of wind (and passing trucks) unless you turn the ventilation to re-circulate.

Guy
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)