My New Workshop.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Pleiades wrote:Anything with chocolate on or in will do.....

The cost of any workshop aint gonna be cheap, it all sounds cheap in talk when you look into it, but once all the cheap bits are added up together it works out that you need to earn about £800 to £1000 per month before you start to pay wages or yourself.

The business rates are the killer, but this one is excellent compared to my last one. This workshop is £140 per month for rates and my last one was just up the road and cost £1000 per month in rates.

Then you need the mortage or rent, electric, gas and water, then it's oil disposal, oil filter disposal and general rubbish disposal (no the council bin lorry wont take it) then you need insurance.The list just goes on.

But I am going to concentrate on the posi sides, I have met a lot of great people whilst working with cars and felt that most of my customers have become friends, you can never have too many friends, especialy when they supply the biccies.

Regards
Martin.
That difference in business rates is vast!

One month in the old place is = to over seven months in the new!

Best wishes with the new premises Martin.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

I do like to meet people so please pop in when yer passing.
ahh wish I had known, drove straight past there Tue 7th ..

looks good, well done Martin

John
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Martin,

Excellent stuff :D

Can I make an appointment to come and see you? I have a leaky HP pump and pressure regulator on my V6....

More about that in my blog later but for now, well done and all the very best for a very successful and properous future. I'll not be doing any further hydraulic work - I'll be coming to see you :wink: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...