Berlingo 2.0 Diesel 2001 bosch system (engine code RHY)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickeybo

Berlingo 2.0 Diesel 2001 bosch system (engine code RHY)

Post by mickeybo »

The inerta switch on above vehicle is only Receiving 8.5 volts hence in tank low pressure pump not
working battey voltage at switch is fed from pin 7 on 15 pin relay via at15 pin relay i get 8.5
volts when multi plug from relay disconnectd and a jump wire attached from battery positive
to pin 7 multi plug voltage reading at inerta switch is
12-65 volts my thoughts were faulty relay i have replaced a second
relay both from citroen dealers still gettin g 8.5 volts at inerta switch ie, permanent
voctage at pins 3 8 11-15 ign off can anyone shed any
light on this plaese

Reguards mickey bo
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The inertia switch is on the earth side of the primary part of the injetion relay & the output to the fuel pump is from pin 4. If you are gettin less than battery voltage at pin 4 that suggests there is a problem with the wiring going in to the double relay.
You should be getting battery voltage at pins 3,8,11 & 15 of the double relay with the ignition off, is that happening ? what power are you getting at fuse 14 of the under bonnet fusebox ? confirm the voltage readings by using a proper bulb test lamp (not LED type). What voltage are you getting at pin 2 of the white plug on the pressure regulator on the HP fuel pump with ignition on ?
If you have put a battery jumper wire to pin 7 of the double relay I hope the inertia switch was unplugged or tripped as this is a switched ECU earth & probably not a good idea to feed it with power.
Come back with those results & we can take it from there.