there's a good girl

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

there's a good girl

Post by citronut »

after lopping the end off my finger at the DSM ralleyin little horwood on the 14/6/09,us and my 1.9TD estate were droped home by RAC relay, and thats were she has sat untouched untill yesterday when i decided to see if she would start,

i thought as she had sat for nearly three weeks i would firstly pump the fuel primmer which i found to allready be solid,
so i turned on the ignition and waited till the glow plug timmer clicked off not just the lamp going out,

then crancked her and she fired up instanly, wow ammazing

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Malcolm :D

Shows just how good a 1.9TD is 8)

Pleased to hear the finger is doing well :D Are you back at work yet?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

thanks Sir Jim

no not quite but thinking of going in to try and find some light tasks tommorow,

took the mizzus to the bus this morning in the old banger and was driving on water (jesus) TEA HE water water every where and not a drop to drink

kind regards
malcolm
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Sounds bloody sore mate! Hope it all heals ok.

Bet you could have left the donk six months and started with a fresh battery...........great old workhorses.......and slightly refined too.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Bet you could have left the donk six months and started with a fresh battery...........great old workhorses.......and slightly refined too.
My Xant TD estate often spends 5/6 months waiting for me from France, and always starts on the button. Fitted a battery disconector switch to stop the discharge from the suspension electrics.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj