citroen 1.9td radio electrical problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tony2k9
My Cars:

citroen 1.9td radio electrical problems

Post by tony2k9 »

we have a citroen xantia 1.9td when having it someone in their infinite wisdom had hacked a larger hole where radio normally fits to fit a suburu cassette player.which doesnt work after 3 hours of trying to remove this as the helpfull person had superglued it into the dash housing finally got it out.now on being given a sony explod cdx-l400x stereo which can be used till we can get an original am having problems finding wiring diagrams for the stereo or plugs from the car? any ideas as any assistance would be gratefull .thanks
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Have they cut and joined the wires or is there still a connector on the end? If so, you can get an adapter lead from ebay.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tony,

If you post up the year, trim spec. and RP number of your Xantia, I'll be happy to post up the relevant wiring diagrams.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...