PSA Sensor for FAP regeneration & Turbo exhaust gas.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronel
My Cars:

PSA Sensor for FAP regeneration & Turbo exhaust gas.

Post by citronel »

Hello,

This is a project I made for people who have FAP on PSA car and want to keep it an take care of it.
Specially if the car it is driven a lot in the city and this error will log in the computer if the regeneration phase it is not completed... and in time this will lead to clogged FAP filter:

So what I did:
A device which will signal when FAP regeneration it is in progress.

First I study the regeneration process with Lexia & PSA XS interface and saved a lot of graphics;
this 2 logs show the regeneration process and after the regeneration phase:

then I designed and made a device connected to injection computer which I programmed to do the work, installed in C5-II is looks like this:

I programmed the sw inside to work this way:

1) when the gas temperature is below 200 C
, yellow LED - the middle - is ON, all others are OFF.
Use:
- Signal when the injection computer is active with the engine stopped, don't remove the car battery.
- Protection of the Turbo at engine stop: signal when gas temp is higher than 200 C so the driver can leave the car idling until gas temp drops to ~ 200 C.

2) when the gas temperature is> 200 C and <400 C
all LED's are OFF.
Use:
- The normal temp of gas in FAP.
- Driver attention to not be distracted from driving, especially at night to not have other lights lit the board.

3) LED's will light up on all this: Green1 = ~ 400 C, Green2 = ~450 C, Yellow = ~500 C, Red1 = ~550 C, Red2 = ~600C
Use:
- Start Signaling normal regeneration (LED ON G1, G2 - Y)
- Start Signaling forced regeneration - all LED's ON.
- The driver will know when FAP regeneration takes place and will take care not to stop the engine until it ends regeneration so FAP will not get clogged.

4) when the device has no signal from injection computer or signal is below a certain threshold;
LED will pulse one by one...
Use:
- Simulation alarm system if is powered permanent, consumption up to 32mah ~ with one LED lit up.
- Warning if the gas temperature exceeds 650-700 C -, danger of engine fire.

This screen it is taken after the device signaled the regeneration phase correct, regeneration phase lasted ~8-10 minute:

If this device will be useful or not for you please let me know.

L.

p.s.
more details and installation to Citroen C5-II can be found in this pages:
http://www.phones-direct.ro/public/fapsensor/index.html
At this moment I am looking for somebody who is interested to build this device for people from UK because if I send it from my country till UK the final cost will be to high.