C5 Door Handle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

C5 Door Handle

Post by boristhespie »

Okay I know I have a few topics going bu they are all slightly different. This time I need to replace my inner driverside door handle. How do I remove the linging?

I have undone the screws a/ at the handle and b/ at the side. I can't find anymore but I also can't get the door interior off. What am I not poping out right?

Is there a screw behind the speaker or something?

Also, anyone know of a glue for sticking together alloy strongly?
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

From memory there are atleast 2 screws behind the speaker grille on a Xantia so i would suggest you have a good look there and also behind the cover for the door release and possably the arm rest

Colin
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

There are 3 screws behind the speaker grille, which just prises out. You also need to remove the screws behind the interior pull handle, the cover of which is prised out from one end (I can't remember which end so you may have to go carefully). The actual door panel is held on with 'orrible little plastic clips, most of which will break, but replacements are available quite cheaply through the stealers. You'll also need a scalpel to cut through the adhesive round the edge of the waterproofing membrane.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

hawkeye wrote:You'll also need a scalpel to cut through the adhesive round the edge of the waterproofing membrane.
Can I just emphasise how important it is to ONLY cut the glue and not the plastic. Done carefully the plastic membrane will stick straight back on again no problem.

I didn't use a scalpel when I did the Xsara's door liner but carefully peeled it back with my fingers and nails!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Jeese didn't realise it was such a finicky job.