V6 Warm-Hot Idle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Folks, thanks for all the thoughts on this :D

Well, a bit of an update but not really a 100% conclusion yet..

I ran the Lexia over it and gave the ICV a really good test and it clunks away merrily. The thing that worries me is that it goes up and then falls back with a distinct bounce when subjected to the Lexia actuator test. I would have thought it would have been powered up and down but it seems to fall under its own weight if you get my meaning. During testing I thought I could see a small spark in one of the wires going to it, suggesting the wiring was a bit iffy but after tugging it and checking for no obvious problem I was unable to reproduce it.

Cleaning it is a good thought Vince but it's a question of access :twisted: Besides, the actuator test will have effectively cleaned it.

This afternoon I found something else. During the rebuild I routed the heavy starter cable the wrong side of the air intake pipe that comes from the grille to the bottom of the airbox and because the starter cable was pressing on it, it was dislodged and disconnected from the bottom of the airbox. This would have meant the airbox was drawing hot, fetid air from diredctly behindd the rad rather than nice cool air.

I've sorted it now and the pipe now stays put. The idle now seems a lot steadier under the condition where it was formerly a bit fluffy. Time will tell....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...