2002 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO 1.8i

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lasthope

2002 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO 1.8i

Post by lasthope »

just had the diagnostic test because the engine management light was on,came back with a few probs so lad wiped it and done it again,and found 3, canister purge solenoid,upstream 02 sensor heater and the 3 one is the same as the 2nd one,so can u tell me were on car i can find them,cheers

Click on image to enlarge.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

O2 sensor is the lambda/oxagen sensor/s, both of which are screwd into the exhaust system, the up stream one is the engine side of the CAT,

sometimes removing them and give them a good blast out with carb cleaner will sort them out, if not it/they need replaceing

try this company for new ones
http://www.fuelparts.co.uk/

regards malcolm
lasthope

cheers

Post by lasthope »

cheers mate,so one sensor is on cat under car,and next one is at front of car near the fan
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the front/upstream one will be somewere between the exhaust manifold and the CAT, and the downstream one will be rear of the CAT,

i will look it up on service citroen

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ps.

here is a link to one type of PISSSCASO exhaust, if you give me your engine code i can sort the correct ione for your car,

http://service.citroen.com/docpr/affich ... 6%20175620

regards malcolm
lasthope

cheers

Post by lasthope »

were is engine code mate.will it be on log book
lasthope

cheers

Post by lasthope »

just looked at front of engine cant see one,there is one on the 1,6 on the front of heat shield but my one has a black box over it that got a big round pipe that goes into the air box,how does that black boxs thing come off lol,just seems like a cover
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Doubt its the sensors, The Canister purge solenoid & the oxygen sensor heater elements are bot powered up from the same section of the double injection relay share a live feed which is too much of a coincidence, It goes via fuse 34 of the under bonnet fusebox so deffo worth a check first.
lasthope

fuse

Post by lasthope »

cheers wheeler,just check fuse and yep it was blown,stuck new one in but light still on,

just an update just got in car and noticed no light on umm,drove it about 2miles still no light,