central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

central locking

Post by allanmc »

I have a Xantia 2ltr HDI, the other day my remote key stopped working so I replaced the battery still didnt work so tried my spare key it worked a few times then stopped, can you tell me how to find the fault, without going to Citroen Thanks Allan
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Perhaps the feyfob needs re-programming.. I can only suggest thet you go to search on this site, and enter "keyfob programming" and you will find loads of stuff concerning this problem.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I had the same problem a couple of months ago, Try the steps to re program it as shown in other posts but if not it will involve a trip to the dealers and about £40 quid. Make sure you take your transponder code too!
Or find someone with a lexia!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I always had the idea that it was only the S1 Xantias that could be reprogrammed with the old 'pointing to the IR sensor with the ignition on' job and the S2s with the lexia?
Saying that though, isn't the keyfob hard coded with a code and the car is then programmed to accept that code with all Xantias?
If you replaced the battery on your main one and it still didn't work it still could be either the fob or the car, when you tried your spare one it worked for a bit which points the problem to the car (both keys would be hard coded with the same code) but then that stops working...did you replace the battery in the second one too, maybe it was a coincedence and the problem could be with your main key.
If the fob battery was dead, would that mean the immobiliser wouldn't switch off when the key is in the ignition barrel?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair