Vibrating

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andy. H
My Cars:

Vibrating

Post by Andy. H »

Hi all, I have 2000 Xantia Hdi 110 bhp I have noticed a vibrating noise from under the back passenger seat behind the driver. When I lift the back seat the noise seems to be coming from under a black rubber disc about 6 inches across. I just wondered if anyone Knows what could cause this. This fault only happens intermittently.
Any help is appreciated.
Regards Andy.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Not sure about xantias but both BX and ZX have black plastic covers for the fuel gauge and fuel outlets from the fuel tank. Having removed them from both I can't see any way in which they could rattle as all of them have proved difficult to prise out and even more difficult to refit.
Is something touching the tank? or the tank itself loose?
jeremy
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

If you take out the black disc it gives access to the pipework and sender in the fuel tank. Maybe one of the flexi hoses is vibrating.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Its the low pressure fuel pump, I have heard that some dealers have been correcting this as a good will excersise, so if you have a full main dealer service record tap them up, if not you are on your own.
I'm lead to believe they fit some kind of a damper in the fuel line but not sure so don't chastise me if this is bunkum.
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if its the noise im thinking of (kind of like a deep buzzing noise) coming from the pump then the fuel filter & plastic housing need to be changed.