Enigine mountings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Enigine mountings

Post by Stempy »

Anyone know if the rubber bushings on the top engine tie bar assembly on a V6 are available separately? Seem it's only available as a complete assembly from the homeland at an unacceptable amount of ££££'s. I bought a standard engine mounting bush but it's bigger than both the ones fitted to the tie bar.

I've currently use a combination of superglue and RTV to repair mine :shock: but it probably won't last that long.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, now that's a moot point Stempy. Do you mean the one in the alloy casting attached to the inner wing?

I had to replace mine and it was available ex-stock in the UK for just over £50.

There are rumours the bush itself may be available separately...

I'm also wondering if a polyurethane bush might do or even a Nylon66 one of the same material I make Activa ram bushes out of. I can knock those up on my lathe.

I reckon this bush really suffers if the 'box ever drops into 3rd Emergency (limp-home) as it really makes the engine lurch going from P to R or N to D and will stress this bush terribly. Have you any history of your gearbox doing this?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

is that bush the same diamiter as the TD/XUD lower stabaliser/engine mounting, if so GSF used to sell them for around 6 squid for just the bush without the houseing,

i dont like the orange polyurethane bush's Brian Primmer dose for the CX dogy bone/pork chop engine stabaliser bar, as i find the to be more like marshmallow/jelly than as firm as the OE bush's

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:is that bush the same diamiter as the TD/XUD lower stabaliser/engine mounting
No, it is of identical construction Malcolm but around half the size. The engine stabiliser bar is fitted to the 2.1TD, Activa, V6 and possibly the HDi but the alloy casting the bush presses into is different in each case although the bush itself looks very similar and should be easy to replace using a hydraulic press. I've kept my duff one in case I do find a supply of them or end up making them.

I'll have to compare them at some point. I do have an example of each car fitted with them!

Martin (Pleiades): what do you think?

This is the offending item in its casting...

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Yep, that's the one. The bigger one on the other end has also split. To answer your question Jim, my gearbox has only ever gone into limp mode once, and I think that was down to a dodgy electrical connection.

What mine does do is engage 1st gear very violently on the odd occasion, which will undoubtedly give the bushings a good yank.

Lexia ponce

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

how dose the diamiter of that larger bush (just the bush minuss the housing) Stempy talks of compair in dimentions with the usual lower stab/engine bush/mount then Jim, as im sure you will have a lower bush laying around somewhere

said bush dose fit the top stabaliser (pork chop and i think doggy bone ) on a CX DIAMITER wise, but just needs slimming a bit both sides

regards malcolm
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The larger of the two top mount bushings is just slightly smaller than the standard engine mounting bush so it wont quite fit. Also, the standard engine mount item has a steel ring right around it whereas the top mount bush has only two curved steel plates on either side.

Lexia ponce