Xantia 1.9d sell or scrap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Xantia 1.9d sell or scrap

Post by admiral51 »

First and foremost Mods feel free to move to another section :lol: :lol:

I have a 1996 1.9d thats done 200k and need some advice from you generous people :) :)
I can no longer try to run 3 Xantias and this is the unfortunate one picked for sacrafice :cry: :cry:
It has done a few miles but everything works has 4 months MOT and 4 months Tax and i really need to recoup about £200-£250( optamistic :wink: )
I dont want to scrap her really but i was wondering what parts may be realistacally salvaged that may be in some sort of demand.......

It has a Bosch pump that was refurbished 50k ago 6+2 HP aircon compressor (working) good box engine sound but only a n/a. 2yr old n/s/f strut mount

Just want a bit of feed back as to whether i sell or scrap or if its worth taking bits off if anyone needs something not always readily available

All comments welcome however negative :) :)

Cheers

Colin
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Have a look on ebay and see what they are fetching in your condition. It depends on how soon you need the money and the car out of the way. You might get more by breaking it but you will probably have to wait, once the tax and MOT run out you won't get much for it. you can always put it on ebay as it is with a reserve at the minimum you are prepared to accept, don't forget to mention the parts you have replaced. Taxed, MOT'd and in good running order I would be surprised if it didn't make at least £250.00
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

If I could afford to keep another car I'd snap that up a 1.9D na with a BOSCH pump, that would be perfect for running on SVO/WVO and the non turbo d is a wonderfully simple engine to work on, loads of space in that engine bay... Its got to be worth £250 at least, definatly try to sell first.

PM dieseldoggy I think he was looking for a car at the moment.

*edit spelling.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

also try putting her on the veggie oil forum as well for some more interest. I'd personally keep her and run her on veg and just take another off the road :)
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks for the input lads :) :)
KP wrote:also try putting her on the veggie oil forum as well for some more interest. I'd personally keep her and run her on veg and just take another off the road :)
Ive got a caravan that i really need to use the TD with and ive spent a fair bit of folding on that one :lol: :lol:
The other is the VSX and thats just about ready for its MOT and ive always wanted a Hydractive Xantia once i found this forum :) :)
So the choice is pretty simple ...my first encounter with green blood has to be the one to go even though she runs on 80% SVO and starts first time every time(well we all say that :lol: :lol: )

Think i will offer her up on here first just to see what interest is forthcoming and then on the bay of fleas

Cheers

Colin