Lexia 3 on ebay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kman
My Cars:

Lexia 3 on ebay

Post by Kman »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 73591525an

Will this do as adverticed on a mk1 xantia activa (2.0i 16v)? Will it work at all?

Regards

Kristian
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Its a Lexia chinese clone which may not have all the features of the proper Actia one. AFAIK, the Lexia 3 doesn't come with the 30 pin diagnostics socket used on a lot of the Mk1s. As the chap in this IBM advert would say "You need an adapter" :lol:

I know there is a member on the FCF who has bought a Lexia from Hong Kong a few months back. Im sure they'll be along soon.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Kman
My Cars:

Post by Kman »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-PLANET-LE ... 1|294%3A50

I guess this is the adapter you're refering to. Another 50£... Still, not bad if it does all it claims.

Would of course highly appreciate feedback from other owners of the chinese "pirat" Lexias.

Kristian
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Kman wrote:Would of course highly appreciate feedback from other owners of the chinese "pirat" Lexias.

Kristian
I've got one. Although it states "Made In France". :shock: Works fine on the Activa. As has been posted elsewhere, most of the stuff is in the software, which won't even start unless it sees a Lexia connected. I can see engine and suspension parameters in real time, and can clear any faults. The only thing I'd expect to see which I can't is the aircon computer, but the Xantia might not be that advanced.

Which socket does your Activa actually have? I'd be surprised if it isn't the standard OBDII socket. Didn't get the 2-pin and 30-pin connectors with mine, although I'm sure I saw them included with some items.

[Edit] to say that the price is VERY good!

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Kman
My Cars:

Post by Kman »

Thank you, seems like good value for the money then.

Really note sure which socket I have. If the socket is located close to the fusebox, it looks more like the one with the adapter kit. I'll probably buy the Lexia first, and then suplement it with the adapter, if necessary.

Kristian
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought all XANTIA's have the 30 pin socket like the adaptor, but even still i understand these cloned/copied machines cant do all the genuine dealer machine can

regards malcolm
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I can't speak for all clones but it seems that the one I bought from China does all that a genuine one does. Just be careful that you negotiate a good price if buying direct.

Steve.
not applicable
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

citronut wrote:i thought all XANTIA's have the 30 pin socket like the adaptor, but even still i understand these cloned/copied machines cant do all the genuine dealer machine can

regards malcolm
Mine (a Mk2) definitely has the OBD2 socket, although it's not OBD2 compliant.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The mk 1 xantia has the 30 pin socket & the mk2 has the 16 pin EOBD style socket.