Dispatch Fuel gauge

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lachlan
My Cars:

Dispatch Fuel gauge

Post by Lachlan »

Hi there first post so be gentle :D

I have just bought a 2003 Dispatch 1.9 and both the clock and fuel gauge don't work. The fuel gauge looks to be powered up as the needle moves to the empty position along with the warning light when the ignition is switched on. The clock is permently at the 12.02 position for some reason.

I have checked all the fuses and connections, does anyone know if there has been problems with senders or instruments in these vans before or can offer any help as I'm not too familiar with Citroen yet, more used to fixing problems on Fords :lol:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would suspect that you have two seperate faults, if the clock is displaying anything it must be recieving power, as is the gauge it seems. If your vehicle uses multiplex wiring - I can't help I'm afraid, but if its a conventional wired system I would be looking for a faulty connection on the tank sender unit or the unit itself.
Lachlan
My Cars:

Post by Lachlan »

Hi thanks for the reply it seems to have conventional wiring and I hope to check out the feed feed from the sender at some point tomorrow. As for the clock it analouge just seems funny it's stopped at 12 :?

If it is the sender and possibly the clocks too, where is the best place to spares online?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Oh! an analogue clock ..... I think I remember them. :?