Xsara Pic 2.0 TD cutting out 2002 90 bhp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crossy2425

Xsara Pic 2.0 TD cutting out 2002 90 bhp

Post by crossy2425 »

This has been a problem for some.

Initially the engine 'stumbled' on tickover occaisionally, then it would suffer some power loss whilst driving. It only seemed to happen at lower engine speeds.

Sometimes it would cut out as one came to a standstill at lights or give ways etc.
ometimes it would start immediately, sometimes it would take a number of turns of the key to get it going.
Every now and then it would show 'immobiliser fault'.

The temp guage shows 2 bars at normal running...though thiss can jump from 2 to 1 to none or 1 or none or 2 (you get the picture?) even at normal operating temps. (may or may not be connected).

I have had citroen diagnostic tools have a look at the ecu, the ONLY fault (that would not clear) was immobiliser fault, though this does not seem to be either consistent or the actual fault (oif that makes sense).

Car is regularly serviced by me, including the coolant.
I have put a new thermostat in, new brake light switch new low pressure pump in the tank and adjusted the acc cable.

I thought i had solved it for a few weeks but its started again.
I'm now scratching my head.

ECU temp sensor?
MAF?

Help cos this is driving me potty!!!!
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Check your fuel filter assuming it's o.k work back on thr fuel lines towards the tank, look like fuel starvation, or air getting into your system. It remings me of a similar problem that I had with my 1.9 TD a few years ago. The outcome of this problem was a fungus growing in the fuel tank, and blocking the strainer on the fuel pump. Drive for a few miles with your fuel tank cap removed & see if you notice any change.