Why Does

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaExclusiveHDI
My Cars: Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon - I can't seem to let her go!

Post by XantiaExclusiveHDI »

Xantic wrote:Greetings fellow Xantia Exclusive owner and you have a fine example in the photo ..

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I am less paranoid now for the time being anyway.. :D
Greetings :)

One thing I have noticed - is that the rear of my car sinks more noticeably - and then holds when the anti-sinks click in at a height very much like that depicted in your picture (top rim of the tyre about in line with the top of the wheel arch). I wonder if this is 'normal' for Hydractive Xantias?

C.
Currently:
2000 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon (73k)
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

The Xantia I had, had a vibration at certain speeds. On looking through the service history it had been put down as a check point, according to the dealer the wheels were buckled. This seems to be a problem with alloys especially PSA and Renault according to some - even Car Mechanics mag commented that French alloys are 'soft'. The volvo ones fitted to my XM haven't been balanced yet (since cleaning them up and respraying them) and they don't vibrate at all so maybe it's true.

Remember with anti sink cars the pump is a 6+2 type and so take an age to rise if the car drops due to the very small amount pumped into the suspension circuit. My current XM is the first citroen I've owned with the old type system with the single outlet pump, it rises much faster than I'm used too but then again it sinks faster too.

Steve.
not applicable