So I bought an XM...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ekaftan
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2006 C5 II Exclusive V6
1996 Volvo 940

So I bought an XM...

Post by ekaftan »

Last post here I had bought a Xantia V6 Exclusive with a broken autobox. Turns out the buyer on my TurboCT was late in paying me for the car (and finaly never did complete the sale) and the V6 got sold under me. In the meantime a 93 2.0 nonturbo XM with an Exclusive interior was posted to out local Citroclub page cheap.

I ended selling the CT for cash plus a 93 ZX Volcane and I exchanged the ZX for the XM evenly.

So now I have another stray in my parking space. I am only allowed by my wife to have one car at a time so this has to double as a get to work car. So far it has served it duty every day, except the first one (dead battery).

It has no MOT, the tax has not been paid since 2007, the windshield is broken, one of the rear windows is missing (replaced by plexiglass) and is has a lot of white spots on the paint, as it was lost in forsale shops for three years and on one got overspray from a white fence. But I got it almost free and the interior is spotless (except for a broken glovebox lock)

No, I am not in a country where the fine for having no MOT and no tax is that expensive (maybe 100 dollars) and they dont normally take the car away because they dont really want to do all the paperwork, so i can drive the car until I can finish fixing it.

So... my question.... is there a way to get parts in the UK for an XM? Are there popular? down here the total for the entire country is 12. And none has gone to the breakers in years, all are acounted for, except one that was crashed beyond salvage.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: So I bought an XM...

Post by DickieG »

ekaftan wrote:So... my question.... is there a way to get parts in the UK for an XM? Are there popular? down here the total for the entire country is 12. And none has gone to the breakers in years, all are acounted for, except one that was crashed beyond salvage.
It depends on what you're looking for http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ post parts overseas and this company http://www.edwardsandson.co.uk/index.html may do likewise, they know what they're doing when it comes to Citroëns.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Dont know if this will help?

I have one chap that buys his second hand bits on Ebay UK and gets them sent to me, when I have a pack of parts to send him, I just throw his Ebay parts in with the parcel.

The only problem is that it does add to the weight and for international postage you pay per kilo. I never have made a profit from postage, I charge it all out at cost price as it is more expensive to send from the UK than most other countries, so the postage is what puts some international customers off.

Glass can be a problem, although I have sent glass in the past, if it does break, it simply aint covered by the insurance.

But the offer is there if you ever need it.

Regards
Martin.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Not helping you with the problem of getting spares sent out, but you might like to have a look at http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/index.php

It's a very friendly site with lots of helpful experts on XMs.

Derek
1999 XM V6 Exclusive, Black
1994 XM 2.0 TurboCT estate, green of course: now gone to no3 son
2004 C3 1.6 auto exclusive with Sensodrive - the wife's but she doesn't like it
1994 ZX 1.8i auto - the wife's new baby