Good News, Good News!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pleiades
My Cars:

Good News, Good News!!!

Post by Pleiades »

Hi All.

As most of you here already know, we closed our big workshop at the beggining of 2006, due to escalating overheads making it impossible to keep working from there.

Since then we have been operating on a much smaller scale from the workshop in my garden, know to most simply as "the barn"

Well according to our talks with customers, it seems that a lot would like us to have carried on with our servicing and repairs side to the business.

The result is that today I have signed the contract for a new workshop, it will be smaller than our old one but much bigger than our barn, all I have to do is get the ramp installed then move all of our equipment back up to the other end of the village to our new workshop.

We hope to be settled in and trading properly from July 1st, we get the keys on June 15th so this may well happen sooner. The workshop is on the Brookside Industrial Estate, just behind the old one, the telephone number will remain the same.

I am getting quite excited over this new/old venture and will keep up the old Pleiades tradition of treating all customers as friends and treating all cars as if they were my own.

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post, but it is not meant as an advert, just letting you know what is happening, as you all know what happened last time we moved, the rumours spread that we were dissapearing altogether, this will not happen, as I can't do anything else!!

Regards
Martin.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Nice to hear of some one making good in such gloomy times :D
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Good luck to you Martin :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

You clearly have a very loyal customer base, which speaks reams about the service you provide.

Good luck with the expansion although I'm sure you won't need it.
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

Great news indeed Martin. There will always be a need for your expertise. Wishing you a successful and prosperous future.
David

BX19TRS 120K E Reg 1992-2013
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's absolutely brilliant news Martin :D :D

I'lll be over to see you when you're settled in!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Great news! 8)

Good luck & I wish you all the very best with your business.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Bren
My Cars:

Post by Bren »

Best wishes with your new venture Martin - it's good to know that somebody is bucking the trend!
96'Xantia 1.9 td estate
93'gsxr- 750
85' Rover 3500 (work in progress)
XantiaExclusiveHDI
My Cars: Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon - I can't seem to let her go!

Post by XantiaExclusiveHDI »

Best of wishes for your new business venture :D

I like to think there will always be a place for professionals in a niche market even through a severe downturn.

C.
Currently:
2000 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon (73k)
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
AbangCorp
My Cars:

Post by AbangCorp »

Err martin, do you have phone number & email for your australian branch
pleiade right?
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

For Peter in Australia, it would be best to catch him on email, the email is, pleiadesauto@pacific.net.au

At the moment Peter is here with me in the sunny UK he will be going back down under on June 10th but can still access his emails.

Regards
Martin.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Again good luck Martin with the new / revived old venture :) Times are tougher at the moment no doubt in the motor trade, but with loyal customers who need bits / work doing on their cars, im sure you will do even better than before :wink:

Vince
Branch Manager
GSF Car parts Liverpool
CCC club member and french car fan :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

As most of you here already know, we closed our big workshop at the beggining of 2006, due to escalating overheads making it impossible to keep working from there.

Since then we have been operating on a much smaller scale from the workshop in my garden, know to most simply as "the barn"

Well according to our talks with customers, it seems that a lot would like us to have carried on with our servicing and repairs side to the business.

The result is that today I have signed the contract for a new workshop, it will be smaller than our old one but much bigger than our barn, all I have to do is get the ramp installed then move all of our equipment back up to the other end of the village to our new workshop.

We hope to be settled in and trading properly from July 1st, we get the keys on June 15th so this may well happen sooner. The workshop is on the Brookside Industrial Estate, just behind the old one, the telephone number will remain the same.

I am getting quite excited over this new/old venture and will keep up the old Pleiades tradition of treating all customers as friends and treating all cars as if they were my own.

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post, but it is not meant as an advert, just letting you know what is happening, as you all know what happened last time we moved, the rumours spread that we were dissapearing altogether, this will not happen, as I can't do anything else!!
All I can say is all the very best... if I were in the UK I would be another loyal customer.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Thumbs up from DK too \:D/
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Oh yeah, congrats and best wishes from me too! I feel your company is in a very favourable position to not only take on the recession but to actually grow and prosper because of it . IMO, this will prove the true worth of an honest and hardworking service. It's a bold decision to expand at this moment in time. Good luck!