4 HP18 auto box prob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

not really relavent here but today i was looking through the local paper and found a ZF service centre, seems by the phone number they are incedibly close to where i work..................may have a look for some bits next week 8)

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Been out all day in the car and it seems like it was the idle valve, its still not behaving perfectly but i think since it was very clean anyway and dispite cleaning and lightly oiling it the valve is still a bit sticky.
Very strange it never caused hunting though.
Still got a very woolly idle when starting the car from warm (not hot) though, ive changed the engine temp sensor (ecu one), the air temp sensor and Lambda sensor when i looked at it before and the car is fully serviced with plugs, filters etc every year and oil and filter changes every six months, the only thing that could be out is the CO screw, but this fault was present before i rebuilt and swapped the whole top end of the engine (everything from the head gasket up!) so i doubt it, really want to get this sorted now!!

And thanks for your advice gents, correct as always 8)

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's great news Dean :D
Deanxm wrote: Still got a very woolly idle when starting the car from warm (not hot) though
Both of the TCT engined cars I've owned are like this to a greater or lesser extent Dean. Seems almost to be a trait.

Sometimes I can watch the tacho needle swinging between 500 and 1000 rpm under such conditions. It soon clears and then everything runs perfectly..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...