Xsara 1.9TD clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avin44
My Cars:

Xsara 1.9TD clutch

Post by avin44 »

I want to fit a new clutch kit to my 1998 S reg. 1.9 TD xsara but there seems to be several types, some saying pull type, which I am assuming refers to a cable operated version, also there appears to be two sizes, one is 200mm and the other one is 215mm, I think the one I need is the 215mm version but until I remove the old one I obviously can't compare a new one with it, has anyone any information on which type would be correct please ?.
up, up and away
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Pretty sure that all of the 1.9TDs use the infamous pull clutch, cable operated. 215mm dia rings a bell. Check on the top of the gear box, if it's cable operated and the OUTER of the cable does the moving then it's deffo a pull type. Reasonably well explained in the BOL, not too bad, but getting the release bearing to re-engage can be a laugh.....
Richard W
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Avin, call this number tomorrow (Saturday) and ask for Steve 0151 525 1764 He is one of my counter guys who is ex Citroen. He will check the correct size for you over the phone :wink:

Vince
Branch Manager
GSF Liverpool
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

as Richard said
but also if you inner cable is attatched to a fixed non moving bracket, and the outer is attatched to the moving fork actuater arm then it is definatly a back to front (pull) clutch,

the main trick in removing this type is remove the fork arm completely, as soon as you can get to it, and refit after you have re/engaged the fork into the trust bearing and the box is bolted back onto the engine,

as the fork shaft has to rotate to disengage and to re/engage with the thrust bearing, simple when you know how,

and not much PERCY WHAT SIT needed realy

regards malcolm