Xantia front discs from GSF

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

firstrebel
My Cars:

Xantia front discs from GSF

Post by firstrebel »

If you get Xantia front discs from GSF check the diameter before you leave. Their database shows the 283mm discs but they should be 266mm. I don't know if they will correct it.

Bob
Robert Isaac

1997 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate. 152000 miles
1995 Volvo 855 T5 Auto - Chipped. 186000 miles
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Does it not depends on the brake setup of each vehicle? IE the V6, CT and 2.1td use the bigger discs as well as the hdi's and some estates??
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Yes KP, cars with the Bendix Pads use smaller disks, and Estates, 2.1td's V6's and HDi's use the Bosch setup, although theres early type and later types, and they are bigger disks...

On S2 cars, if you still have the 1.9 td engine in the hatch you still have the smaller disks, were as estates and HDi's/2.1's Estates and Hatches use the bigger setup..

paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I have found that unless you shop at a branch where they have someone who knows french cars (like us) then its always worth knowing the diameter of your discs and the shape of your front pads...ie do they have ears (Bendix system) or a spring (Lucas / Girling)...i think thats the right way round :lol: its been a long day.....
:wink:

Stock is seldom boxed wrong, moreso that the person has not asked you enough questions if they were unsure :wink:

Its not hard to get it right :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

vince wrote:I have found that unless you shop at a branch where they have someone who knows french cars (like us) then its always worth knowing the diameter of your discs and the shape of your front pads...ie do they have ears (Bendix system) or a spring (Lucas / Girling)...i think thats the right way round :lol: its been a long day.....
:wink:

Stock is seldom boxed wrong, moreso that the person has not asked you enough questions if they were unsure :wink:

I previously needed wiper blades from GSF, and ended up getting supplied one with a spoiler, and one without as I wanted them both to have this I had the assistant look for the other with a spoiler.

It was not something I specified, but when you are supplied one, and can see the option is available, then it's worth having both of them with the same thing.

I agree with you Vince,
Although sometimes when that happens, and the customer goes all the way home, which might not be near to the branch, and then sees the mistake (not in my case I checked in the shop) it can be very inconvenient when the assistant gets it wrong.

In general though the fact that motor trade personnel that want to get out the front at the main dealer, and the like, do not get taken on, and others with no motor trade or vehicle experience do get taken on, means the skills, and experience do not stay in the trade, which is not a good thing given the skills shortage in the motor trade!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.