Sinking xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bobcat

Post by Bobcat »

Hi Vince no not me
Bob
if it aint broke fix it anyway
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

lexi wrote:So to simplify : are the thin hoses on reservoir simply returns from faulty seals (Doseur and suspension) that should not have any fluid coming through them? Pull off hose and watch it?
yap -

Except for one fact :
There is always a smallish leak from all valve and cylinder components, to keep the seals lubed by design.
Anything like a single drop approx every 5 or more seconds is to be considered perfectly normal, indicating the relevant circuit is in good shape.

From approx 5 seconds down to fast dripling the circuit is in fair condition.

A constant flow indicates a problem circuit and will drain the pressure source causing a faster ticking rate from the regulator & pump.

There are a few other simple tests that can tell you about the systems condition :

1) in case you have a fast ticking rate from the regulator, then try set the car to lowest suspension height, and observe any changes to the ticking rate.
If the ticking rate is now considerably slower, you then know for sure there is a leak off in a suspension hydraulic component.
Because at lowest height setting the pressure source is cut off to the suspension.

2) if you have a fair ticking rate - then if you get a tick every time you press the brakes pedal - the accumulator (main) sphere located on front of engine block is near flat.

3) if you have a feeling the brakes snaps (locks) and are hard to dose, you have air in the brake lines and you MUST bleed the brakes all round.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Bad tempered message deleted
1999 XM V6 Exclusive, Black
1994 XM 2.0 TurboCT estate, green of course: now gone to no3 son
2004 C3 1.6 auto exclusive with Sensodrive - the wife's but she doesn't like it
1994 ZX 1.8i auto - the wife's new baby