Replacing C5 sidelight bulbs.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The mad thing is some european countrys require you to carry a spare bulb kit in the car, what are you meant to do with it at the roadside without a full toolkit on modern cars or where it requires the removal of the bumper :?:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As long as you carry the kit you are covered, surely?

Apropos that, I bought a kit of bulbs and fuses for my daughter to carry in her car.

Why I didn't buy one or more for all seven of us I will never understand, they were £1 per kit in the Pound Shop!
Went back when I saw the stupidity of it and of course they were all gone, never even bought one for myself.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

myglaren wrote:As long as you carry the kit you are covered, surely?
But whats the point if the average motorist cant do anything with it at the roadside.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I suppose the idea is you call out the breakdown recovery service to change the bulb...

Seems crazy but on looking at what a dockyard job it is to chnage a bulb in asome modern cars I guess it'll be the only way for most, bearing in mind that a failed bulb can land you with a fine if the boys in blue notice.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

wheeler wrote:
myglaren wrote:As long as you carry the kit you are covered, surely?

But whats the point if the average motorist cant do anything with it at the roadside.
Because the majority of cars can be fixed using the kit.
If you carry the kit you have complied with the law and have the means to effect a repair even if you don't have the ability.

It is compliance with regulations that is the point - a get out of jail card.
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Oh sorry officer I didnt know the bulb had blown, I have a spare, I dont suppose you could help me fit it could you as im not a mechanic???? Whats that NO you cant fit it, OK then I can drive home with it blown, have a good evening officer :-)

As far as i know with HID's you dont have to carry a spare anyway as its not a roadside replacement job.

Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED