Towbar Fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Koukku wrote:The bumper and towbar fittings on an estate are totally different from the saloon. I.e. on a saloon the bumper needs to be removed. I just removed a towbar from my Activa, and there's no way to reach all the bolts with the bumper in place.
Looks like you had the same situation, but from the other perspective. :wink:

I like Xantic want to fit one, but as I am going to fit the detachable type, will have the benefits of a tow bar without the metalwork on show!

I had an Oris tow bar on an E class Merc which was a factory fit detachable, this went up into a socket that mounted it vertically, and then it connected into a C shaped double bracket at the bottom forward part of it.

It was a swan neck shape, and very useful when stored in the boot, you would know it had the ability to tow, 8) as its framework under the car was completely hidden.

One day another owner commented, that you had better ensure that the bar is locked onto the car, my father was driving it at the time, and the guy was speaking to him in a supermarket car park.

Needless to say I had locked it in place, and the guy did get down on the floor to check it apparently, which he did prior to my father telling him it was locked in place, I suppose it was a sign about how enthusiastic the guy was to check it, that he got on the floor so quick, before he could be told it was locked in place!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.