Seats and wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Seats and wiring

Post by MikeT »

All the posts about swapping seats lately got me thinking as my rear base is split/fraying I'm wondering...

I know I have to determine hatch from estate, are there any other differences I need to avoid for my MK2 hatch?

Is it possible to retrofit leather electric seats and if so, is it straightforward?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, have a look at this thread :wink:

It should tell you all you need to know on the subject :D

But yes, in a nutshell, seats can be, with provisos, be swapped between MK1 and MK2 cars both ways and estate and hatch rears are very different....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Thanks Jim, apologies for not searching. Just one question, you mention S2 side air bags, I didn't think mine had them but will take a look tomorrow - should I see anything obvious?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep,

Side airbags are denoted by an embroirdered oval on the side of the seat back nearest the door with the word "Airbag" written into it. Also, cars with side airbags will have a key-operated switch down by the height lever in the centre console to disable the passenger airbag in the position formerly occupied by the Hydractive sport/comfort switch. There'll also be two sets of cables ending in two pin plugs under each seat; one for the side airbag and one for the pretensioner.

I believe early (R plate) MK2s did not have side airbags so don't be surprised if you find yours doesn't.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

seats

Post by davetherave »

Having just swapped cloth for leather on a car that looks the same age, i am pretty sure you will not be able to connect the airbags without an awful lot of difficulty as the airbag module in your car will be for two air bags whilst the later ones wioth side airbags will be for four. Possibly if you could remove the airbag module from the donor car (underneath tray forward of gear stick) you might be able to connect them.
I have not bothered and it made wiring the seats a lot easier!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s