ZX radio prob?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnocar
My Cars:

ZX radio prob?

Post by johnocar »

After changing the battery,My missus entered the wrong code a couple of times now were locked out from putting the correct one in!,Does anyone know how to re-set it?,Any help greatly appreciated.(J reg 92 ZX)
Jon

Post by Jon »

First of all, do you have the correct code? If you do, turn the radio on and you will see 3 lines _ _ _ which means a wrong code has been entered. With the ignition on, and the radio showing _ _ _ leave for approx 35 mins and the 3 lines will clear, and the display will read C0d. Now you can re-enter the correct code.
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

One of our cars is like yours a J plate ZX. Perhaps the radio is similar.
The instructions for entering the code end with a warning that if a wrong code is entered 3 times the unit will be locked for an hour.
The basic instructions are to use the pre set buttons 1 - 4. The buttons represent the positions of the digits in the code. Say the code was 2021. You would enter this by pressing preset button 1 twice, ignoring preset button 2 (i.e. press it zero times), pressing preset button 3 twice and preset button 4 once. You then need to lock in the code by pressing the up section of the tuning rocker - the big square one.
Good luck,
Phil
johnocar
My Cars:

Post by johnocar »

thanks guys!,I'll try that now
johnocar
My Cars:

Post by johnocar »

Right guys!,I done what was posted and BINGO!!!!!,A BIG thank you[:D][:D][:D]