2002 C5 HDI - Fault Codes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jimmy

2002 C5 HDI - Fault Codes

Post by Jimmy »

Hi guys…

Would really appreciate any help with my C5 HDI 2.2 2002plate. Had for 2 months two different garages cannot help with the following suspension fault and codes:

Serious suspension fault – when plugging diagnostics machine comes back with the following codes: Under engine
1435 additive system fault
1442 additive quantity fault
246 turbo valve gate circuit fault

Under ABS:
5390 & 5391 engine torque intermittent

When driving car flashes up ESP/ASR not functioning – suspension is at maximum height and antipollution fault comes on. When the car is turned off and re-started goes to correct height but after 2500 revs it goes back to maximum height!!

Getting beyond my tether now – any help much appreciated
:D
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

There has been loads on here in the last couple of weeks to do with the additive system faults, if you use the search function you should find them. What milage has the car done & has it had any work or maintenance done on the diesel additive system ?
Is there any running faults with the car when the warnings come on & did it all hapen at the same time ?
For the suspension fault you will probably need a diagnostic machine that can read the suspension ECU (the BHI), may just be something simple like a body height sensor.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Hi Jimmy

O.K first the additive fault code's translate into the fact that it believes EOLYS level is low either because, most likley if it has not been topped up in the last 20K miles or so or the level sensor has a problem less likely, neither of these on the face of it will cause your suspension to change height and it will not provoke limp home mode.

Turbo valve gate fault don't recognise this as such because the 2.2Hdi doesn't have a waste gate as such, were these results from a Lexia or a generic fault code reader?.

I will assume that this is saying that there is a problem with the Turbo control a not uncommon problem on these engines the very first thing to check is that there is adequate vacuum on the turbo EV should be at least 500mBars abs at idle.

The ESP/ASR warning is a result of the ABS / Torque intermtitent which in turn is almost certainly caused by the turbo problem. The Torque values come from the engine ECU which either because when it is processing the Turbo fault cannot process data to get it on the bus in time or maybe under limp home mode the Torque data is not processed I really don't know which but anyway is an academic point, no Torque data from ECU equates to failed ABS failed ABS equates to failed ESP.

None of these faults on the face of it should cause the suspension to change height, however the suspension does change height depending on speed and road conditions although only by a few millimeters. Does the suspension change height when stationary at 2500 rpm?

Further analyser session are unlikely to help with the Turbo problem there is no way an analyser can measure the vacuum pressure used to drive the turbo, that will have to be done with a gauge plumbed into the vacuum system (See my previous posts on this subject.) However a drive around with a Lexia plugged in and looking at the suspension ECU parameters may well be required to shed further light on the height problem.

Cachaciero
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Thank you for your comments they have been very helpful but now the suspension is stuck down as appose to up!

I jacked the car up by the front axle and the hydraulic fluid came out of back near spheres.
When I jacked the car back down the suspension is now stuck down.
I have tried bleeding from both ends, the fluid came right through the car system coming out of the back bleed hole.

Do you have any ideas what I can do next?

Any help much appreciated
Jimmy