ECU Reset after particulate filter change ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davidgoodwin1803
My Cars:

ECU Reset after particulate filter change ?

Post by davidgoodwin1803 »

hi guys, i changed the particulate filter yesterday but the anti pollution light still comes on.

its a 2001 c5 2.2hdi

does the ecu need resetting or should it just do it its self.

PLEASE NOTE !!!
the fluid was changed a few thousand miles ago and had a reset then but i didnt top it up this time.

thanks david
davidgoodwin1803
My Cars:

i spoke to citroen today and they said it shouldnt need a reset but i need to fill up with fuel 2 or 3 times and to keep opening and closing the filler cap for the light to go off and for it to realise that the filter has been changed.

they also said that by doing this would not reset the ecu but give it a full software check.

has anybody els heard of doing this before.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Did you get the codes read to identify that the FAP was at fault? AFAIK the 'anti pollution fault' is just generic engine management fault.... If it's not gone out, then you really need a code read to ascertain what it thinks has gone wrong. If it is the FAP, then it really needs to be a LEXIA session - aftermarket scanner probably won't read the FAP ECU.
Richard W
davidgoodwin1803
My Cars:

when i took it to citroen 2 weeks ago they put on the digagnostic machine and it came back that the filter was blocked.
davidgoodwin1803
My Cars:

hi guys, i spoke to a different citroen dealship today and they said that in all cases that the ecu needs replacing after a filter change as the ecu cannot be reset after a fault like this.

can anybody confirm this for me.

thanks david
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

davidgoodwin1803 wrote:hi guys, i spoke to a different citroen dealship today and they said that in all cases that the ecu needs replacing after a filter change as the ecu cannot be reset after a fault like this.

can anybody confirm this for me.

thanks david
Unfortunately they are probably right, It should be reset with Lexia after filter replacemen (re last post you made on the subject) but most of the time the fault wont clear & will most likely need the FAP ECU replaced.
Depending which type it is they are between £65 & £130 + vat.