Berlingo Van 1.9 Diesel Screen misting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stevieboy
My Cars:

Berlingo Van 1.9 Diesel Screen misting

Post by Stevieboy »

I have just purchased a good example of a W reg (2000) 1.9 Diesel Berlingo van. I cannot demist the screen no matter where I place the rotary control and yet hot air does seem to come out of the vents at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas? Would a pipe have come off the air box? Can that happen? Also the rotary switch for the fan motor is very very stiff. It does work but feels as if it is jammed internally. How do I change the switch? I have got as far as removing the visible screws but can't work out how to remove the centre console around the gearstick.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Is it possible, that the heater matrix is leaking? This will fog up the screen.

If you have AC that works, try using this and the heater controls. It will dry the heated air.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Anotgher cause of a hard to demist screen is damp ingress. Check you have no water leaks and sogginess under the carpets.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...