Xantia front wiper mechanism setting up

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Xantia front wiper mechanism setting up

Post by admiral51 »

Hi all :)
Have just put the wiper motor/mechanism back into to place and i am having severe difficulties in getting the blades to sit correctly so they wipe the screen and not the scuttle :lol: :lol:
Im assuming that i can adjust the sweep as per the angle the blades are set at but im sure its the actual mechanism that ive set up wrong.
Does the motor only run for a set time and therefore is dependant on where the mech arms are provisionally set

Hope this makes some sense :lol:

Colin
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Disconnect the Wiper ARM mechanisem from the motor first!!!

Set the motor off so its goes to its PARK place which is ALWAYS in the same place... If youve had the small part from the motor to the mechanisem off, which has the Snap Clip nylon popper on it, you'll need to reset this and I THINK it points towards the FORWARD corner of the scuttle/ bonnet hinge area...

Once you've reset that small part up, you should be able to pop the main wiper mechanisem back on and it should be all ok...

I had this not so long ago, it took me a while to work it out and had to think about it logically... got there in the end..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think i depends on were the short arm/link is set which is attatched by a 10mm nut directly onto the motor spindle,

remove the wiper arms completly, disconect the short link from motor spindle, set motor goine, then switch it off and work out were the spindles on the scutle (were arms fit onto) should be at park, then re/fit short link back on the motor spindle, if memery serves it should be horizontal, now tighten the 10mm nut and go for a dry run without wiper arms fitted, but whatch the spindles and see if they stop clean and dont go back the oter way at all

regards malcolm
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Paul and Malcolm all is now sorted :D :D

The link rod has to be set horizontal and stretched away from its arm as this is the only way you can get the nut back on :)

If i had thought about it logically then i would have just popped the bonnet on one of my other Xantias to see how the link went :oops:

Colin