Xantia HDI Thermostat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpc

Xantia HDI Thermostat

Post by mattpc »

Noticed that the Xantia temp started creeping up on a hot day while stuck in traffic. Fans did not kick in so I turned on the aircon which forced the fans to go on full pelt. Previously when I first bought the car I had the opposite problem, the fans would go on full pelt from cold and the car did not want to warm up!

Just wondering if the HDI thermostat is a main dealer only part as I can't see it listed on GSF car parts?

The rad has obviously been replaced at some point and looks nearly new, the coolant level seems ok and as soon as the fans kicked in when forced by switching on the aircon the system returned to usually temp and I continued doing another 300 miles without repeat of the fault that day.
Xantia number three is..
HDI Exclusive Estate Cat C
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Could be a sticky relay.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

Hi, thanks for the reply. If it's a sticky relay which actuates the fans powering on and off surely they would not come on straight away when the aircon is switched on? Or am I way off?

I'm still interested to know if there is any way to buy an HDI thermostat without having to go thru the main stealer. The main dealer I've previously phoned in Manchester has been so rude previously that I wanted to throttle him! Can't believe management is so poor that these people get away with it.
Xantia number three is..
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

209545051 THERMOSTAT CITROEN/HYUNDAI/SUZUKI VARIOUS MODELS (83c)
Thermostat 83 Deg

Euro carparts list this one above for the xantia hdi estate. Anyone know if this is likely to be correct?
Xantia number three is..
marsalek
My Cars: Xantia X2 HDi109
C5 X7 HDi240

Post by marsalek »

Hi, this is, what you need:
http://www.parts2go.de/Kuehlung/Thermos ... 62519.html

Febi PartNr. 12776
Opening temperature 83 deg.C.

GSF or any other Spare Parts Supplier should have it, as this one is used in Paugeots, Citroens, Toyotas, Fiats and Lancias...

Karel
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Check both cooling fans are working. My suspicion is that one has failed, and this is your reason for a temperature rise or relay failure.

If the fan cannot be repaired, fit a new one. A used part will be just as difficult to fit, and have unquantfiable life remaining.

Regards, Adam.