C5 Replacement keys and fobs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Re: C5 Replacement keys and fobs

Post by deano1970 »

hi,
yes I understand what you are saying, seems sites like ebay should tighten up the ads that are allowed to be placed,because I have been told exactly the same thing about the programming...The trouble is citroen are by no means cheap. but like I said, a local auto locksmith will cut and program a remote for £140.00,half the price citroen want......If somebody can do it for that price and citroen charge double,I would feel I was being ripped off by citroen and would never go to them for this....... :-D
C5 X7
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 Replacement keys and fobs

Post by qprdude »

Yes, Ebay are always sending emails , saying how they are putting things in place to protect the buyer. Maybe they should be looking at the scam merchants. I've tried to get in touch with them, but it's like trying to contact the taxman! As long as the dosh from sellers keeps rolling in, they are happy to keep their hear in the sand.
The Citroen price sounds about par for the course. Like I said, Saab agent in Inverness did everything for me from the VIN. Saab in Sweden produced the key and fob, and the main agent programmed the key, and re-programmed the one I already had, as they had to be done together. They also said that a maximum of three keys can be programmed.
This spare key supplying seems like a nice little earner for some manufacturers. And why the huge difference from one manufacturer to the next.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.