Citroen XM factory manual on CD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

noz
My Cars:

Citroen XM factory manual on CD

Post by noz »

This amnual costs about 150UKP from your local Citroen agent. Would anyone like to split the cost for a copy?
Obvoisly the greater the number of interested people the cheaper it's going to be. eg 10 people = 15 UKP each
Any takers?
cheers
noz
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

XM Factory Manual on CD.
Xantia LX Petrol 1.8i '97. I would be interested in manual, if this particular one would have any info suitable for Xantia, electrics, alarms, hydraulics etc. Somebody maybe enlighten me on that score. Thanks.
Lozian
shane_levo
My Cars:

Post by shane_levo »

Hi Guys,
well if someone in Australia can get a spare parts & factory shop manual to me I'd be happy to scan them (this other CD will be copywrited, I don't copywrite any of my CD's).
I do have CX, DS/ID, GS and L15 CD-ROMS for the cost of postage, I have a lot of people email me after Xantia & XM CD-ROMS but I don't have the access to the original manuals to scan.
Anyone the CD's I have are on my website http://www.aussiefrogs.com/shane
seeya,
Shane L.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Hi all,
Slight change in plan. I was led astray by our local Cit agent on the CD front. It doesn't exist.
I am however in the proces of buying a factory manual (all 11 volumes). My plan is to scan it and put on CD.
The principal remains - any takers for a copy? I'd need the cost of a blank CD, postage and maybe something for my time - say 10UKP.
cheers
norrie[8)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

It's a shame most of you can't read Swedish, because one of the contributors to the Swedish web site www.citroen.nu has already done this with the Swedish workshop manual for the XM. It's available as a series of interlinked PDF's and can be burnt directly onto a CD. It took me about 40 mins to download the entire 11 manuals via a 56K modem!
//NiSk
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NiSk</i>

It's a shame most of you can't read Swedish, because one of the contributors to the Swedish web site www.citroen.nu has already done this with the Swedish workshop manual for the XM. It's available as a series of interlinked PDF's and can be burnt directly onto a CD. It took me about 40 mins to download the entire 11 manuals via a 56K modem!
//NiSk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Can't talk you into sitting down & interpreting them hey??[:D][:D][:D][:o)][B)][}:)]
Alan S[:o)][:I]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hi Alan!
Having used the XM manual today while attempting to remove the glove box (since Haynes make no mention of it at all, despite the fact that there are number of important relays hidden under it), I discovered that the particular part I was interested in was explained entirely by photographs (no text at all) while it was obviously apparant how many screws had to be removed and their positions (shown in photos) I still could not get the bu**er out! There where 2 photos that I could not interpret,even when enlarged to the full width of the computer screen- however after applying a fairly large amount of violence to the sides of the glove box, one of them popped out. It then becme obvious what the photos were - Citroën had taken photos of the plastic retaining lugs that engage the glovebox in its opening FROM UNDERNEATH the dashboard!
i.e. the instruction is great if you already know what to do, otherwise its useless!!
As far as translation is concerned, since it is my livelyhood I would gladly translate all of it for a price! Otherwise I try not to mix work and play!
//NiSk