Brakes again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Brakes again

Post by Stempy »

I'm going to do a complete brake overhaul as they are really not as good as they should be, and the rears are squealing away every time I brake now.

I have a new set of genuine Citroen Brembo manufactured rear and front discs, and also a set of genuine Citroen rear pads. Am I right in thinking that Mk2 V6's were fitted with Bosch front calipers rather than Bendix, and if so what pads were fitted as original?

What I'm really after is the best pad to match the original fitment discs, and while I could get some from a main stealer I have to admit that I have paid no where near full price for the parts I have so far (thanks to ebay) so was hoping not to have to fork out main dealer price for a set of front pads. What I'm really asking is for recommendations of front pads. I will never buy EBC again so don't start there. There are some Mintex ones currently up on ebay but I don't know how they compare to the originals. I was thinking of Ferodo as I've always had good results from them.

Finally, the rear calipers. is there a recommended fix for the caliper to arm corrosion issue so that it doesn't happen again?
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Hi Stempy,

We sell Bendix pads to Citroen independants, OE on many french cars and good value too...

I have them on mine also :wink:

Vince
(GSF)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

The cure for the rear arm corrosion is to make a polythene gasket from a fertiliser bag or similar. I haven't tried it myself but from what I've read on here it's pretty effective.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Sound like a plan, I was thinking along similar lines but wondered about any heat issues.

Vince, do you have the part number and price for the Bendix front pads for a 1999 Xantia V6?
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm