LHM FLUID

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The click is quite distinctive and can be heard clearly with the engine running.
Try snagging a Xantia in a car park when the owner comes back to it and ask for a listen so you can compare.

Sounds like a clueless garage as replacing pipes is generally a doddle.
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

They are generally pretty good with anything 'normal' but certainly appeared to be thrown by the Xantia.

I'll see if I can find someone with a Xant so I can have a listen.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

dnsey wrote:It's possible that the hydraulic pressure is dropping under heavy demand and bringing the warning light on. The most likely cause is a slipping auxiliary belt especially as it happens when cold, but there are other possible causes, such as a damaged pressure release valve seat. How often does the pressure regulator tick?
OK just spoken to the local Citroen independent garage and his first thought was a faulty pressure release valve, which is expensive apparently! Have arranged to take it round tomorrow after work so will let everyone (thats interested) know what the diagnosis is.

Cheers
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

A poor pressure release valve seat can usually be rectified by giving the sealing ball a single sharp tap with a hammer. Check back here for more details if that's the diagnosis.
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

dnsey wrote:A poor pressure release valve seat can usually be rectified by giving the sealing ball a single sharp tap with a hammer. Check back here for more details if that's the diagnosis.
Cheers, I will. If that is the problem I will probably take it to my usual mechanic to do. He's probably more willing to do 'unconventional' repairs than the guy I spoke to on the phone.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

For anyone interested, I booked the car in to the Independent Citroen guy and he changed the front spheres that were completely shot (less than 18 months since they were last changed!). Not only has this greatly improved the ride comfort (I thought I was driving Tigger's car before getting it fixed!) but it has also stopped my STOP light flashing on.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
cox377

Post by cox377 »

Hello Penguin,

Has the clicking from the regulator stoped?

CoXen
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

cox377 wrote:Hello Penguin,

Has the clicking from the regulator stoped?

CoXen
Actually, when I managed to hear it, the clicking wasn't a problem. It went for a long time between clicks. I just had trouble hearing it, possibly because it was so long between them.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX