Cut Out??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

corsehf
My Cars:

Cut Out??

Post by corsehf »

Carrying on slightly from my earlier posts, coming home from work yesterday morning, my car, a 2001 C5 2.2HDi Est just cut whilst doing 40mph with a big plume of white smoke behind. I did notice that the ESP light flashed up as it happened but also went out almost imediately. Quickly pulled over but it would not restart.
Called RAC out and lo and behold, it started straight away making me look a (-expletive removed-) (nothing new there i guess!!)
He took his laptop out to see what fault codes were showing. Obviously, i knew of 3 that would be there but i played dumb to these to see if i could get any further info - for free!!
All previous coded were showing -
1, Fault with Glow Plugs
2, Turbo/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid, &
3, Mass Air Flow Sensor (intermittant?)
However, a new code was showing but no name. The new code was P1429.
Can anyone tell me what this is on my particular car and would it stop a car from running??
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi,

Some details here - http://www.gendan.co.uk/article_4.html

So it looks like an engine fault with the emissions systems.

Or more precisely - P1429 Electric air pump Primary failure

But could be this - Code Descriptions For EDC15C2; Check the Exhaust differential pressure sensor. It has a habbit of becoming contaminated with water.

I'd have a look at the EGR system first. Relatively cheap and easy to do.

Would you add your cars details to your signature to remind members what spec car you have?

Thanks.

Steve.
not applicable
corsehf
My Cars:

Post by corsehf »

EGR EASY????
My Omega 2.2DTi was easy, everything visible :)
But on the C5, especially the 2.2HDi, it appears to be a major operation just to get at anything which it needn't be :(
Glow plugs, EGR and Wastegate Solenoid are all faults which my car has flagged up and all are hidden down the back of the engine.
If anyone has tips or pics even of these items, it would be a massive help as i would then know at least what to feel for!
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Well you have to consider that I'm used to working on a XM 2.5. To remove just the plenum chamber on these you have to work under the car as well as above it. After one of those the engine bay on my HDi seems empty.

Here's one I made earlier-

Everythings relative I suppose.

Are the solenoids are not fastened to the bulkhead under the plastic tray?

Steve.
not applicable