HArd Rear Suspension- Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mg46783
My Cars:

HArd Rear Suspension- Fault

Post by mg46783 »

Hi all... ltns ! Anyhow, my mate has a ... what is it? cant remember... urm.. its long and cream coloured.. might be BX actually, anyhow, suspension seems to operate right, in that it raises and lowers etc..but when going down the road the back of the car is definatly wierd.... its positivley "hard" , bouncy Id say..to watch it as you follow it down the road... it seems to jump- or hop along!!!
Does anyone have any ideas?? Hes got a couple of pods to go on but Im not sure thats going to the fault... please let me know if you can help.......thanks mike
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Sounds like a couple of flat rear spheres although swing arm bearings can also cause the ride to stiffen up but not to the extent the spheres will.
When it goes up & down, does it do it in a fairly smooth even fashion and are the wheels straight? (perpendicular)
I'd be fairly confiden the new spheres will cure it.
Alan S
wingrattg

Post by wingrattg »

[:)] I had the same problem and found that replaing the 2 rear spheres resolved the issue. Make sure you go to andyspares as they cost me around £40 a pair instead of £60+ each from a citroe dealer....