Picked up my new (to me) C5 few faults but Happy

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

bencowell wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Mine has the Valeo aero style wiper blades, they look and work much better than the original normal blades :)
And the blades lasted twice as long as regular Valeo blades when I owned your car.
Indeedy, i changed them for the new ones last week. Although the old ones are still fine, even though the warning had gone orange, so they are now on the estate. Though i have removed the orange sticker :lol:

Cant say i have a problem with the C5s headlamps, they are pretty good in my opinion. I tend to drive with the fog lights on too, you cant tell they are fogs though as they are in the headlight, they just make the sidelight brighter, but light up the edges of the road much better.

If you think the C5 lights are bad, you should try an Xm, im going to take the bulbs out and replace with candels, im sure they will be better! :lol:

Chris
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

The headlights on my Omega were the worst i have ever had, you could see when it was dry but as soon at it got wet, no chance, even with 100w bulbs in.
Got all apart from the Airbag sorted now, very pleased with it, even spent a couple of hours with parcel tape getting the F***ing dog hairs out.
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Rob,

you might find it easier if you remove the citroen plugs and use crimp on spade connectors for the airbag connector, I have heard of some that prefer to solder the wires to keep the fault from returnning.

I did wonder if you had the C5 that has a key switch to turn off the airbag on the passenger side to allow you to use a child seat in the front passenger seat, apparently this would make the airbag warnning light light up, to remind you to switch it back on again.

for medical reasons I have had to disconnect the airbag connectors under my seats in my xantia to stop the seatbelts pulling tight across my middle, and so have to live with the airbag warnning light bulb lasting forever it is something I have learned to ignore over time the bulb lights solid after 5 mins anyway. besides I'm keeping my car until she dies or wears out completely.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Try a bit of black tape over the light on the dial screen, that might help a bit! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Going back to the lights issue, it's interesting to note that during the 'regular' tests by Autoexpress even some of the well known brands have dreadful beam patterns. Maybe this was the problem with Reblacks C5.

If I had lots of problems with the underseat connectors I'd think about swapping over to a multipin connector that used gold plated contacts. Having soldered connections would be a pain if you needed to remove the seat but would cure it.

Steve.
not applicable
George

Post by George »

h2ocooler wrote:The headlights on my Omega were the worst i have ever had, you could see when it was dry but as soon at it got wet, no chance, even with 100w bulbs in.
Got all apart from the Airbag sorted now, very pleased with it, even spent a couple of hours with parcel tape getting the F***ing dog hairs out.
Rob

Donkeys years ago in the eighties I had a Peugeot 505 headlights got dimmer and dimmer as all the silvering faded away, this was also a problem on the old 504.

The Peugeot dealer wanted 105 pounds per new light back in 1982 :shock:

:idea: Carefully unclipped the lenses and stuck on that sticky backed aluminim tape, about an hours work cost; a few shillings.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It may just be a wonky memory but I am convinced that the lights on the GS were the best I have ever had,
Expensive to replace though, I was quoted £182 + VAT back in the early eighties.

:idea: Carefully unclipped the lenses and stuck on that sticky backed aluminim tape, about an hours work cost; a few shillings.

Did the same on my Volvo 265 but the lenses were bonded on. Bit of work with a Stanly knife soon fixed that though :D